I am now the proud owner of The Hermit, The Hall of Many Panes, and, most importantly, Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works. A package arrived from Troll Lord Games today.
I’m absolutely delighted. As some of you know, my current Friday campaign is a Castle Zagyg campaign using 4e rules. It’s been a blast – I’ve been using the Yggsburgh supplement along with the Mouths of Madness adventure from the East Mark Gazetteer. Now I have more of the Castle, and my players are in for some fun times.
It’s also sad – I’m never going to be able to tell Gary how much I’ve been enjoying the Castle.
At some point I hope to post a review of the Upper Works, but for now, here’s what I got in the boxed set:
- Book 1: The Mouths of Madness – 44 pages, revised from the earlier release, detailing the caves around the base of the “moat” around the castle.
- Book 2: Ruins of the Castle Precincts – 48 pages, detailing the walls, towers, gatehouses and other buildings that stand on the surface over the dungeon.
- Book 3: East Wall Towers – 20 pages, detailing the two massive towers that flank the ruined castle.
- Book 4: Castle Fortress – 44 pages, detailing the actual fortress level itself.
- Book 5: Store Rooms – 44 pages, detailing the first real dungeon level of the Castle, along with new monsters, magic and NPCs.
There is also a map and illustration booklet (36 pages) and two small poster maps of the ruins.
Of course, now I want the Trolls to release the next part of the adventure!
It’s a little over two weeks until my next session of this game, so I’ve plenty of time to prepare.